Traveled: 526 Left: 1534

3/20/2011

Hawaii Miles

If anyone cares I totally reformatted the way I calculate our Hawaii mileage progress for this go-round. Basically I felt that we need a little lee-way on our goals, meaning I don't think we need to be 100% on our goals to reach Hawaii by the end of the year. Molly and I thought 85% sounded reasonable but you can throw in your vote too. Then I figured how many miles a week we would have if we go 85% to make it to Hawaii by the end of the year (at 85% it's 46 miles a week). Then I average the percentages of how well everybody has done on goals for the week. So if we average 100% we go 46 miles that week. We were at 63.9% last week for 29 miles.

3 comments:

  1. Whatever you say Mr. Engineer Dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically, last year was based on hours this year is based how close you come to meeting your goal each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From a practical standpoint this means that everybody contributes equally (before if Dad worked out 2 extra hours he could totally cover for somebody who didn't work out that week and now he would have to double his goal) and it also allows more flexibility (goals can be changed from week to week). Of course, it also means that if you don't have a goal there is no way for me to factor your time into our progress.

    ReplyDelete